This Privacy Notice describes the personal information that BrainScope Company Inc. (“BrainScope,” “we,” “us,” “our”) collects about you, how we use, protect, and disclose the information, as well as your rights and choices related to information. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected, used, or shared by or on behalf of BrainScope, including information collected through our website at www.brainscope.com and mobile versions of the site (collectively, the “Website”), by email, in person, by phone or other offline method, or anywhere else we display this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Services”). By using the Website you consent to the terms of the most recent version of this Privacy Notice.
Please note, if you are a patient and your healthcare provider uses our services or products in your treatment or care, the collection and processing of your protected health information is governed by your provider’s notice of privacy practices and our contracts with that entity. If you choose to participate in a research study that uses our products or services, the collection and processing of your information, which typically does not identify you by name, is subject to the informed consent you provided for that research activity and applicable contracts we may hold with the research organization(s).
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information that directly or indirectly identifies you or can be used to identify you as an individual. We collection information in the following ways:Personal information is information that directly or indirectly identifies you or can be used to identify you as an individual. We collection information in the following ways:
We collect some information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, for example:
- Contact and Account or Billing Information: such as name, address or billing address, telephone number, email address, and/or username and password, if you choose to create an account.
- Information Related to Customer Care and Other Inquiries: such as, information you provide with questions or comments you submit through online forms or via email. For instance, if you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and or keep summaries or notes of the call, when you agree to the recording.
- Business Information: such as your name, company name, job title or role, business email and state provided when you request a demo, schedule a call, or inquire about research collaborations.
- Other Information You Provide: any other information you may provide to us directly through our Website for things like whitepapers or surveys, or through social media.
BrainScope collects other information online automatically when you visit our Website, using pixels, cookies or similar tracking tools. A “cookie” is a small data file stored on your browser when you visit the Website. This information typically remains in aggregate form and does not identify you individually but if it does, we will treat the information as personal information. Information we collect with these tools can include things like:
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, operating system, device types and device IDs or advertising identifiers.
- Usage Information: your browsing activity while on our Website, such as the pages you visit and what you click, forms you complete or start to complete, search terms you use, access times, error logs and similar information.
You can adjust your browser settings to disable or reject cookies but if you disable all cookies, you may be unable to access all functionality of the Website. We do not permit third parties to track your online activities over time and across other websites based on your use of the Website.
BrainScope may also receive information about you from other sources, such as updated business address information if we discover the information we have is no longer current.
The Website does not currently respond to browser-based “Do Not Track” signals.
How We Use Personal Information that We Collect
We may use your personal information:
- as reasonably necessary and proportionate to fulfill the purposes for which the information was provided
- to provide information you request, customer support or otherwise communicate with you
- to provide and enhance our products or services
- to process or collect payments for our services
- to audit and measure user interaction with our Website, so we can improve the relevancy or effectiveness of our content and messaging
- to develop and carry out marketing, advertising and analytics
- to provide information about our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to recipients, as permitted by law and in accordance with your communication preferences
- to deliver our content and products or services relevant to your interests
- to detect security incidents or monitor for and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
- debugging to identify and repair errors for the Website
- to comply with laws, regulations or other legal process
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share the information we collect as described below.
- Service Providers/Vendors/Third Parties. We may share information with third-party service providers that help manage or support some of our business operations and services, such as advertising services and technology support.
- For Legal Purposes. We may disclose relevant information as may be necessary or required for legal, compliance or regulatory purposes. This includes, for example, disclosures that are required to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and other governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect the rights and properties of BrainScope; (v) protect the rights or personal safety of BrainScope, our employees, and third parties; or (vi) protect the security of our Website, systems, information, premises or property.
- For Corporate Transactions. We reserve the right to share your information with third parties or successors in interests as necessary for corporate transactions such as seeking financing or for a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other changes to BrainScope or its affiliated entities.
- Otherwise with Your Consent. We may also share information with your consent.
BrainScope has adopted physical, technical and administrative measures that are designed to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of personal information. However, no measures are 100% effective when transmitting information over the Internet; therefore, warrant or guarantee the security of information.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. The opt-out browser add-on can be found here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
BrainScope is located in and operates in the United States. Our Website, services and products are not targeted to individuals outside the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your information will be accessed, transferred, stored and processed by BrainScope in the United States where the data protection laws may differ from those in the country where you are located. By doing business with or interacting with the Website, you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your personal information to the United States and understand that such information will be stored and processed in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the laws of the United States.
Links to Other Sites
Our Website may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us, including links to social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. Please note that such websites or platforms are independent from our Website and we have no control over, are not responsible for, and assume no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of those other sites or services. We strongly advise you to review the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under age 13 and we do not target our Website to children. If we learn that we have inadvertently received information from children, we will delete it.
Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents with whom we have a business relationship can request information about the types of personal information, if any, we shared with third parties for the direct marketing purposes of the third parties and the identities of the third parties with whom we shared such information in the last 12 months. We do not share your personal information with third parties in this manner and have not done so in the last 12 months. You may request more information by contacting us using the contact information at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. Any updates to this Privacy Notice will be posted on the Website and we will indicate the last updated date of the changes at the top of the Notice. We encourage you to review this Notice periodically to be sure you are aware of those changes. Your continued use of the Website means you accept those changes as of the last updated date.
Should you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices more generally, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 240.752.7680 or write to us at:
BrainScope Company Inc.
Attention: Privacy Office
5404 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 300
Chevy Chase, MD 20815